Persisting cough with phlegm. Taking penicillin. Lump in the chest. Need to be concerned?

Hi, I had a virus about 4 weeks ago with flu-like symptoms and a bad cough . The cough still carried on and I am coughing up phlegm . I went to see my doctor and she gave me some penicillin , that was 4 days ago. I don t know if that is related to the problem I have now but thought i d mention it. I have what seems like a lump or blockage inside my chest , I can eat and I can breathe well. When I eat though I burp up froth and the lump feeling inside is very uncomfortable, please can you help?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013