Persisting cough, red line on back of throat. History of strep throat. Taken Omnicef for upper respiratory infection

I am a 23 yr old female and I do have a history of strep throat . I was diagnosed as having an upper respiratory infection about 2 weeks ago and was prescribed Omnicef. I no longer have my fever , chills, body aches and ear ache, but my cough still perisists and I have this dark red line in the back of my throat about an inch long that has been there since before I went to see the doctor. They told me I don t have strep so I don t know what it is. I also do not smoke or drink.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012