Persisting cough. Blood test and x-ray done. Prominence of the hilum noted. Low RBC levels. What does this mean?

Thank you. I have had a cough for a number of weeks and went to doctor yesterday. Blood work and chest xray . It appears there is a prominence of the hilum on both sides and a follow up of a cat scan in the morning is scheduled. My RBC is on the low side but white blood count normal and all other blood work is good. What does the prominence indicate? Additionally, although much better today, I had uncomfortable swelling in my feet.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012