Persisting bruise and pain on the ankle after a fall. Bump beneath the bruise. Need treatment?

A few weeks ago I tripped over a 3 flight of brick stairs upward. I couldn t walk the first 30 mins, rested with ice. I received a dark and heavy bruise with a cut line right on the ankle crease (when i bend my foot ) it s been almost a month and the bruise hasn t left (faded in color though) but now there is a huge/hard/painful lump-bump beneath the bruise. Still hurts when I walk/switch from the brake to gas when driving etc etc
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013