Persistent wrist rash that is flaking, keeps peeling, red, itchy dots cropping up adjacent to main rash

I am 54, male in generally good health. Developed a small wrist rash on left inside hand . Started with red horizontal rash, with skin flaking over rash, now three weeks later, rash has grown slightly and it seems to have difficulty in growing new skin over rash, keeps peeling. Red, littel dots/small pimples adjacent to main rash. A little bit of itchiness elsewhere, but no signs of rash like my wrist. Thoughts?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012