Persistent warmness on the face with redness. Taken treatment for facial eczema. How long will it take to recover?

Hi, I am taking 10 mg prednisone tapered. six for day 1, five for day 2 and so on. I was told i have eczema on one side of my face. I was very itchy on one side with almost a welt looking circle on it. I took my first 2 doses and my face is still really hot but itchiness went away. I also took a benadryl last night (one only) and claritin only today. Why is my face still really red and hot and when will this go away?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012