Persistent swollen lump on the forehead due to a knock, pain on application of pressure

Me and my partner was playing last nite and his elbow accidentally knock me on the left side of my fore head it made a lump in the sport where I was hit and it was very painful we put some ice on it and the majority if the swelling went down woke up this morning and it still paining me when I try to massage or put any pressure on it with still a little swollen should I be worried?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012
Hello there,
You did the right thing by applying ice immediately. I don't think there is any need to worry. The pain and swelling will come down in a couple of days.You can apply ice pack intermittently 2-3 times today. From tomorrow onwards leave it alone. I think it should be fine . Normally it would take about 2-4 days for the pain and swelling to diasppear.Hope I have answered your question.
Have a nice day :)
Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan