Persistent swelling, red area on lower shin and upper ankle, warm and tender to touch with shiny, crinkled surface and centralized dark area. No recovery with antibiotics. Cellulitis?

Three weeks ago I noticed a red area on my lower left shin, upper ankle. It became swollen and warm to the touch within a few days. It has a centralized area that is darker than the rest, almost the color of a bruise . It is very tender to the touch and the surface of the are looks shiny and crinkled, like a sunburn about to start peeling. I went to the local clinic 2 weeks ago and was put on a 10 day round of amoxicylan (sp) but after I finished there was no improvement. I went to a nurse practitioner Thursday and she put me on cly something another antibiotic . Today we noticed there was no improvement so she put me on yet another antibiotic, i don t remember the name but it s two word something amoxle-thmb....something to that effect. It is very painful and there is nothing protruding but my leg is swollen and the area is hard to the touch. Please help! Should I be concerned that it is something worse than cellulitis? I m 28,female,weigh 387 lbs,no diabetes , but I do have sleep apnea .
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012