Persistent speech problems, no fluency in reading in writing after brain stroke on left side, undergoing speech therapy. What else can be done?

Dear Sir, 7 month before my husband had a brain stroke in left side. Now he can move his body parts easily and still he is in medical supervision. he still have the BP problem and it is now 100/80 and taking medicine that is Amtas 10, Qpill 10 and hytide 12.5. He also took strocit plus for 3 month according to the doctors advice. The problem still now is in speech and can not read and write fluntly though he is having speech therapy . can you advice me what should i do to improve his situation and how long it will take to became as previous.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012