Persistent sore throat. Tried pevacid, lozenges, salt water gargles. Strep, influenza test negative. Causes?

My husband has a severe persistent sore throat with no other symptoms (I.e., no drainage, no redness, no fever or cough). We have a good level of humidity in the house. He does not smoke . He has tested negative for strep & influenza . He is on day 2 of Prevacid as we are trying to rule out reflux; however, we don t think this is causing the soreness and it is not providing any relief. He s trying to manage the pain with lozenges, salt water gargles & ibuprofen. Should we seek addl. medical guidance?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013