Persistent sniffing, heavy mucus, choking sensation in throat, blocked nostrils. Remedial measure?

Hi I have a persistent sniff have done since being a child - now 40 i always have lots of mucus pouring down the back of my throat and have a really dry irritated throat I woke last night again with a tickly choking sensation in throat I have theses episodes every so often where im dreaming im weakly trying to cough and it wakes me gasping and coughing one nostril is always blocked and my eye that side streaming, i have to get a drink of water to stop the tickle it is worrying when it happens as its like a choking sensation
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013