Persistent severe leg trauma post accident, had pulmonary embolism and was on ventilator. Developed Klebsiella pneumoniae post leg surgery. Suggestion?

My 30 years old brother had an accident. he has been hospitalized for several weeks. He broke his legs from two places and had pulmonary embilism. he remained on ventilator for 11 days. he survived. after few days of surgery of one wound on the leg he has been diagnosed to have developed Klebsiella pneumoniae producing ESBL. Doctor is giving him antibiotics for almost a month now but his leg is getting worse. please advise.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012