Persistent scar on the forehead, pinkish in color, no stitches. Will it fade?

Hi, I have a scar on my forehead just above my right eyebrow, it is about 1.5 inches in length and 1CM in width. It is very noticeable and it happened about 12 weeks ago. It still is a pinkish/light red colour. It has faded slightly since the incident (fall on the pavement) and I never received stitches. Is it normal to still be this colour, and will it ever fully fade? Thanks! Chris.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It is normal for any healing scar to have redness(due to increased blood supply to that particular area).
If it is slightly raised from the surface with itching and pain and sensitive then it is a hypertrophied scar.

Depending upon the area,the size and the depth of the wound, the recovery and the scar completion time varies. It may take about 3-5 months for your natural scar healing.

Meantime you can protect it from sunlight( by using sunscreen lotions) to avoid further discoloration and keep it moist with petroleum jelly( Vaseline ). You can try over the counter silicon patches.
If it is more of a cosmetic concern,get it examined by a plastic surgeon at the earliest.

Hope this helps and take care :).