Persistent salty taste in mouth, immense weight loss, was given B12 shots, potassium, fureosemide. Help?

My Father was given Fureosemide,without giveing him any potassium . He wound up in the hospital twice since then, due to losing too much weight (which happened immediately after being prescribed Fureosemide) They also gave him Potassium (IV) in the hospital, and Vit B12 shots. Now, he has a persistant salty taste in his mouth. Not just a little, but like somebody poured a box of salt in his mouth. He has almost stopped eating, because everything tastes so salty, and terrible to him. His Heart Dr told him he was in grave danger,an that s why he put my Father in the hospital. That was over 6 months ago, and he still has this persistant salty taste in his mouth. He has lost almost 40 lbs, and I m afraid for his welfare. Please , can you help ?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013