Persistent rawness on wound, redness on bump post an injury. Chances of being infected?

I LOST MY FOOTING GOING DOWN A PORCH STEP ROUND A WEEK AGO. I MISCALCULATED AND MISSED A STEP AND WENT FORWARD, MY KNEE AT THE SIDE BOTTOM WAS HIT HARD AND IT ALSO GOT A MEAN SCRAP. I CLEANED TTHE WOUND AND PUT PEROXIDE ON IT. I FEEL THAT THE WOUND IS STILL RAW AND THAT THE BUMP IS RED AND IT HURTS I KNOW THAT IT IS AN AREA WHERE THE SKIN STRETCHES EVERY TIME YOU GET UP BUT IS IT SUPPOSE TO HURT THIS WAY OR IS IT INFECTED?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Hello Good Morning,

As you have skin abrasion and after that wound has swollen and red, so most probably wound is getting infection.

So you should not be careless and follows the following treatment:

Inj. TT
Antibiotics
Analgesics/Anti-inflammatory
Local antibiotic Ointment like Fudic/Fusiderm

Go to your local GP and take treatment.

Dr. Naresh Jain.