Persistent raspy voice, difficulty in speaking loudly, getting above octave while singing post months of trach tube removal. Normal?

I was in a fire in May of this year. I had my trach tube removed June 20th. My voice is still raspy and like when you lose your voice. It is now October and I can talk somewhat loud, but if I need to yell I can t. If I wanted to sing I can t go above the octave I am at now. is 5 to 6 months normal after having a trach tube?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012
Thanks for your query
I can feel your concern
Get voice rest for a weeks time so that the inflammation get settled , use steam inhalation .
I recommend you to start with antibiotics and drink plenty of water avoid oily foods and soft drinks .you should do gargles and take some green tea I recommend to have a proper clinical examination.
Hope it helps
Dr imran