Persistent phlegm inspite of cold and cough, phlegm some times brings up dry cough. What does it imply?

hi doc. My concern is, I have a phlegm since few years ago even if I don t have cough or colds, it is just white, but this past few days I had a sore throat then I had also a cough and colds, and now colds is gone but there are times that my throat produces phlegm with a little dry cough, why might be the implication of this doc?? Looking forward to hear from you, Thank you and God bless:) Concern me
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012