Persistent pedal edema even after taking medicines. Solution?

I have hypertension and diabets since 23 years..I was admitted in hospital for uneasiness in the chest.I was treated with heparin and trinitroglycerine.and relieved.I was given Amifru 40 mg one tab daily for my pedal edema .I have only one kidney by birth.My creatinine has gone upto 1.8.when I stopped taking amifru the creatinine has come down to 1.1.But the pedal edema persisted.Please advise me to get rid of this pedal edema without recourse to any di ureyics.
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012