Persistent painful knot on the eyebrow after a bang on the head. Why is it taking longer time to heal?

I hit my head on hardwood floor when I passed out. My forehead down to my cheek bone was swollen. I went to the Er and they did a cut scan and said everything looked normal. Its Ben over a week ago and everything is almost back to normal except I still have a knot on my eyebrow. It is still pretty painful . Could anything else be wrong or is it just going to take longer to heal?
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
This is accumulation of the fluid and it will take three to four weeks to become completely pain free and swelling to go. Meanwhile i would suggest you to take Brufen tablet for pain relief . Also you can do hot water fomentation.