Persistent pain, swelling, leaking from knees months after being twisted. Reason and cure?

Hi. About a month ago my knee twisted to the side. I freaked out and smacked it and it looked like it was alright but it hurt. I went to the ER and they took xrays and said nothing was broken and just put me in a leg brace for a few days. Its been a while now but I still wear a small knee brace for when I m at work because I m on my fee for 8 1/2 hrs. It still hurts and has been swollen. My ankle swelled up twice within the last month but is back to normal now. But my knee is still a lil swollen and within the past week has been leaking. It went from clear to today being orange. Why is that and is it something I should have treated right away?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012