Persistent numbness in lower back, legs, difficulty in standing since lumbar discectomy complex surgery on spine. Will I recover?

Thank you. This is Anjju here. Exactly a year back, I underwent a lumbar disectomy complex, surgery on my spine between S1, l4 and l5. It took me a month to come back to my routine. But till date, I hae numbness on my lower back and both my legs below the knee and feet and toes, as a result of which I am unable to walk on the road without support or climb stairs. I have a feeling as if my feet is tightly caught with ropes and I am unable to stand on my toes for more than 10 sec witout support. I feel very helpless. I am 50 years. My email id is YYYY@YYYY . Can u please tell, whether I willbecome normal and if so how soon.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012