Persistent lump on the edge of chin since years post a fall. What could its cause and cure be?

Hello, Five years ago I fell and hit the left edge of my chin on a hard wooden surface. At the time there was no bleeding , or external cut, but a small amount of swelling of the left side of the chin. There was no jaw damage that i am aware if, no fractures i am aware of. I have left it alone for many years in the hope that the small, 0.5x2cm lump of skin would disappear on its own but it has not. On palpating it is non- tender. I am just wondering please what you think it may be? And how to treat this, as it slightly disfigured my chin. Thank you so much for your advice Sincerely Elliot
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Thank for asking to HCM
The chin area is very vulnerable for over growing of tissue (Hypergranulation) and in your case this could be a reason and that might have grown subcutaneously I think the surgical removal is the only way out there or if it does not matters to you then leave it like that only and watch for the size if it goes on creasing then it need to be removed, hope this will help you in taking the decision have nice day.