Persistent knee pain, difficulty in walking after treatment for damaged ligament at the knee joint post accident. Recovery?

I HAD ROAD ACCIDENT ABOUT 20 DAY S AGO. MY LEFT LEG IS INJURED .THERE IS NO FRACTURE BUT THE LIGAMENT AT KNEE JOINT IS DAMAGED .DOCTOR SUGGESTED BED REST FOR 3 WEEKS.& GIVEN ME signoflam tablet FOR 1 WEEEK & THERE AFTER FLEXABENZ PLUS FOR 2 WEEKS.& TO WEAR KNEE CAP. I STILL HAVE PAIN IN MY KNEE & COULD NOT PUT MY BODY WEIGHT ON THE LEG . WHAT U SUGGEST 4 EARLY RECOVERY ??& WHAT PRECAUTION I SHOULD TAKE & 4 HOW MUCH TIME. KINDLY GIVE YOUR VALUABLE SUGGESTION.
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012