Persistent intense itching on soles post a week due to assumed insect bites post a trip. What else could it be?

I went to Cancun Wednesday the 13 th and returned the 18 the on about the 15 th I noticed I had about 100 but bites from my knees all the way down to the bottom of my feet . The ones on my legs have gone away but I still have about 50 on my feet that itch severely. They woke me up in the middle of the night last night. I wanted assumed that they were mosquito bites, however with them not subsiding a week later,I am very concerned.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012
Hi welcome to HCMForum. It appears they are due to allergy. due to insects or chemicals.
I advise you to consult a dermatologist for diagnosis