Persistent hard lump on the arm due to an abscess, prescribed antibiotics. Had taken the medicines for pain with fever. Should I taken them again?

Hi I have what doctors told me was an abscess under my arm since last year July, they gave me antibiotics it reduced in size but is still there and has now become hard. When I first for it I was in pain for a week and had a bad fever . I returned to the doctor and they gave me another set of antibiotics. Should I take it? Since it didn t work last time. I am scared that this may develop into something worse since it is now hard. Before it got hard there was arrive of 2 weeks where some stuff came out of it. Is something wrong with me or can anyone get an abscess?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012