Persistent fever, red patches on body, negative strep test, virus suspicion. Should I rush to the hospital?

hi my son got a fever last week 103 and had it for four days then the fever broke and he developed red patches on his side, stomach and back.went to the pediatrician , strep was negative said it was a virus , four days later fever came back and more patches developed on his legs My mom is telling me to rush him to the hospital, i just wanted some advice if he could wait to go to dr tomorrow or if i should be concerned now
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012