Persistent feeling of a lump in throat. Why is the irritation? Take carafate PRN?

Persistent feeling of a lump in throat that I can neither swallow or cough up Cough due to irritation from the lump feeling--feeling that I need to cough the lump up Throat irritation , causing the cough. I do have acid reflux which I have taken Nexium and Dexilant for quiet some time--even have nausea and vomiting that I take Carafate PRN. Also have IBS. Could my GERD be causing all these irritations?? The cough is driving me bonkers Thank you in advance MM
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012