Persistent diarrhoea with urine coming from anus. Cause for condition?

I am a health care provider supporting a patient on ART who is not responding to treatment of diarrhoea despite using all measures as recommended by doctor and nurses. The patient self explained that diarhoea as urine coming from the anus , a condition which a general practitioner disputed since he is a man with no history of surgical intervention hence nobody ever thought that he may be having a vesico-rectal fistula . A period of four months with persistent diarhoea? What could have contributed to this condition?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013