Persistent cough with mucus plugs inspite of taking medicines from months. What should be done?

I have had a cough for two months were the doctor stated let s try prilosec in case of acid. reflux . then I was put on tylenol codeine , on top.of asthma, I now have mucus plugs. I still.have not stop.coughing. this.morning I coughed so many times.a mucus plug came up and.I almost vomited. This.was 2 hours ago and not I.just coughed up white foam. What should I do now?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013
Jan 2013
Do you have fever/ chest pain/ breathlessness?
There may be possibilities of upper respiratory tract infection or cough variant asthma.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for chest x ray, complete hemogram and ESR.
Cough may also be due to gastro-esophageal reflux disease.
You should continue prilosec and also take cough suppressants.
You should also go for endoscopy.
You should also perform gargles three times in a day.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava