Persistent cough, wheezing, headache, pale skin, sharp pain under ribs. Using blue inhaler for asthma. Cure?

My 8 year old son has recently been given a blue inhaler due to a persistant cough and weeze. yeaturday he became to feel unwell with headache , weakness and looks very pail. No temperature though. He woke this moening with a sharp pain under his ribs at the left side, tender area to press and he feels it is getting worse. Any ideas as to what could be causing him to feel unwell. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013