Persistent cough, severe during night, feeling of fullness in chest and lungs. Remedy?

Hi I have been suffering from a cough for about a week during the day i have the odd coughing fit but at night time when I lay down I am being kept awake by constant coughing fits and i have this feeling in my chest that feel like I have inhaled water It feel like my lungs are flooded. The cough it s self is not that chesty just a little loose. Can you reccomend any relief for this as I am exhausted from not sleeping.
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012