Persistent cough, left sided lower back pain. Iced it, taken ibuprofen. History of asthma. Treatment?

Hello. I was sick over christmas and still have a lingering cough (in addition to having asthma ). I usually end up with a coughing fit in the middle of the night. Last night I had a really bad coughing fit and felt (maybe even heard) a pop. Followed by the worse pain I have ever felt in my left side lower back. I ve dislocated me knee in the past and this was so much worse. What can I do? I iced it and took Ibuprofen .
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013