Persistent cough for 2 weeks, cough up phlegm. Is it fungal infection ?

I ve had this persistent cough for the past two weeks now, I also cough up this clear, sometimes whitish bubbly glue like phlegm . I ve finished a bottle of cough mixture and I ve been drinking lots of water and tea and all the usual home remedies, yet I can t seem to shake it. I have no wheezing , breathing is fine yet I still cough up this phlegm, I ve also noticed my skin becoming a lot more oilier since getting this cough. Just wondering if it could be a fungal infection , as I did have a pot plant (bamboo palm) right next to my bed. Any answer would be much appreciated.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013