Persistent cough, cough with green, white chunks, red spots and inflamed knob near soft palate, had laryngitis. Cause?

I have been suffering witha cough for 3 weeks now. It all started with laryngitis , which moved on to a bad cough and sore throat . I am coughing up very white chunks, which were green the first week. My nose is also very stuffed up and I am blowing out thick, yellow mucus , often tinged with blood. I noticed red spots on the roof of my mouth, where my soft palate begins. I saw a CRNP and she told me it was all allergies, use Flonase , etc. Why am I still sick 3 weeks in? I have developed a new symptom as of yesterday. I have a very inflamed knob on the right side of my mouth on my soft palate thst is very painful. The area surrounding is red and it hurts to swallow or brush it with my tongue. Please help. I m at my wits ends with the CRNP I saw, and she seems to shrug me off as having allergies(which I have never had an issue in all my 27 years of life) thank you
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012