Persistent cough. Chest x-ray shows pleural thickening. Taken antibiotics. Loss of voice due to MVP?

my brother had persistent cough for around 2 months frm now.v consutle faily physician chest xray was taken.except for pleural thickening nothing else was seen in the xray.with antibiotics the thikening reduced.he suddenly had a loss of voice which lasted for 1 week .then he had to be admitted and the doctors they took 2d eco,chest xray.there is an enlargement in heart size.and the doctors say he has severe MR ,diagnosed as MVP gr 2 ( mitral valve prolapse )blood was sent for culturing reports say no growth after 5 days of incubation.we are very it really MVP ?is it necessarry to change his valves if the valve in infected...please let me know..
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013