Persistent back pain, stiffness, unable to bend easily. Work on computers. Any permanent cure ?

Hello Sir, I am having persistent back pain for last two three years now. From last one year it has increased manifold. I feel a lot of stiffness in the back, am not able to bend fully unless I do some warm up. Every morning leaving the bed is a challenge, basically things are not as I would like them to be. In the past I consulted an ortho surgeon who advised me to take milk and calcium tablets daily and also do stretching exercises. I tried it for a while, but honestly I could not maintain the discipline and gave up after a while. As for the tablets; They don t really excite me . I really want to come out of my present situation. Kindly show me the way. Regards AAAAA P.S. - I am in the IT industry and work on the computer for long hours, many a times without a break.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012