Persistent and gradually increasing pain at the back of tongue extending to ear, prominent on swallowing. Suggestions?

I have had a persistent, gradually increasing pain at the back of my tongue/ throat on the right side only - I can only feel it when I swallow or yawn. I have noticed the pain extending to (or coming from?) my right ear. And I ve found that if I press on an area of my palate just beyond my upper right wisdom tooth , I can feel the pain from the pressure. I know I need to go in and have it checked, but I am wondering what suggestions/concerns you might have based of this information.
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012