Persistent abdominal pain even after taking medicines for acute cholecystitis. Suggestive treatment?

My father aged 70 years, heinght 5.5 feet, weight 60 kg had an abdominal ultrasound done around 6 months back when he complained of severe abdominal pain . The ultrasound report suggests that he has acute cholecystisis, diffuse irrugular thickening of urinary bladder wall and enlarged prostate . Gall bladder wall with diffuse edematous thickening of gall bladder wall mesuring 0.58cm however no calculus is seen within the lumen. After taking medication, he was fine however even now sometimes he complains of stomach pain. Please suggest what treatment needs to be done?
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012