Persistant dry cough, triggered by temperature changes, inhalers irritated cough and caused vomiting, headaches. Remedy?

I have had a persistant dry cough for 8 years, it seems to appear autmun/winter, and is triggered by changes in temperature, either from passing from different rooms, or outside to inside etc . i have been prescribed all the range of inhalers, which actually irritated my coucgh more and made me cough/choke until i vomited. Also on occassion i coucgh so hard it give me shooting pains across my forehead and pins and needles in my arms and legs. I am slightly over weight , i have never smoked .
Asked On : Fri, 11 May 2012