Permanent fuzzy circle appears around the edge of vision frequently. What is it ?

Hi, I have recently been experiencing periods where a fuzzy circle appears around the edge of my vision . It does not move when I move my eyelid or eye, but remains permanent. It always starts in the right hand corner of my right eye as crossing lines, that give an almost flashing, kaleidoscopic image of what I can see, which then turns into a full circle around the outside of my right eye. Even when I close my eye, I can still see it. This does not happen all the time, but the frequency of its occurrence is increasing. It normally lasts a few hours. I have no idea what it is.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

It appears that you have just got into age of your menarchy and in the beginning these flashes around the eyes are a common occurrence. You should not worry about it and take it lightly. You should take plenty of fluids and some mild analgesic in case of pain if any.