Permanent damage around the area of IUD lodging due to tight cervix. Had hysterectomy, surgery. What can be done?

A Dr. was trying to place the IUD she found that I was unusually tight and she was having a really hard time placing it. I was also in a tremendous amount of pain during her attempts to do so. She then proceeded to give me some kind of shots around the cervix to make it easier. Well, it did not make it easier. Finally she sounded frustrated and said β€œ cough for me.” I coughed and she jammed it in. I screamed and she said β€œit is in...we are done.” It was stuck and even under anesthesia she couldn t remove it causing me to have surgery, hysterectomy , infection causing 4 days hospitalization, and permanent damage where the IUD had lodged itself. I think she made a mistake and should have realized I wasn t a candidate for IUD and stopped. Now I am permanently damaged. Did this doctor make a mistake???
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  81 Awaiting Answer