Periventricular ischemia in brain. Severe headache, tender scalp, high ESR. BP increasing during evening. Due to Wysolone?

Hello Doctor. My mother is 63 yrs old and suffering from severe headache since last 1 month. C.T. Scan of brain, MRI & MR-Angio investigations have been done for her. Doctor said that she is having periventricular ischemia in brain along with atherosclarotic changes in vains in the brain. But, as her headache is not going away (it is sustaining) and as he is having high ESR (57), tender scalp and the pain increases during chewing, doctor is suspecting that that my mother is having Giant Vascular Arteritis . Therefore, he prescribed 60 mg wysolone along with other drugs like Triptomer SR, Sibellium 10 mg, Telmisartan 80 mg and Prazopress XL 2.5 mg. But, since yesterday her blood pressure is getting increased during evening. She is taking Wysolone ususally at the bedtime and the the BP getting increased in the next day evening. Is it associated with administration of Wysolone ?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013