Peritonitis, lapcholy complication due to previous gastric bypass post Robinson's drain, T-drain. Is this normal?

Hi, my Daughter has just had Peritinitis (washed out by open surgery) secondary to a lapcholy complicated by previous Gastric Bypass surgery , she has had both operations within 10 days, and is now 1 week post surgery with a robinsons drain (almost empty) and a T Drain (still draining bile ). My question is the amount of pain she is in, is this normal? It is restricting her mobility, she looks terrible and is only 24 years old.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012