Perisiting lump behind ear on draining, had excessive blood and fluid on q-tip on pressing it. What should be done?

I have a lump behind my ear i though it was just a pimple so a week ago i stuck a needle in it and it drained i noticed the next morning that it was back so. i have waited a week and it s still there so tonight i tried to do the same and i felt alot of pressure in my ear and felt alot of fluid i used a q-tip in my ear and there was a lot of fluid and some blood on the q-tip. when i put pressure on the lump it feels like my ear is filling up with liquid. Im not sure if this is somthing to worry about or if i should just leave it alone and let it heal
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
hi
you may had small pustule which get secondary infected by probing and form post mastoid abscess.
The cavity is soo small but pus is accumulating in such a way it needs to come out via external ear.
so immdiately consult a ENT specialist because mastoid abscess complication is soo dangerous and life threatening
Infectious Diseases Specialist Dr. Balan K's  Response
hi