Peripheral neuropathy, numbness in back. MRI, CT scans done. Injections taken. History of sciatica, open heart surgery. Advise?

My father is 80 and has peripheral neuropathy. He is not a diabetic. He had a bad case of sciatica after injuring it while shoveling about 6 or 7 years ago and started treatment with injections; however he only had one injection before he was diagnosed with coronary artery disease and underwent open heart surgery, so he only had one shot in his lower back. He has had a few MRI's and CT scans and it appears that nothing shows up that could be pressing on his back causing the numbness. Is there anything at all that may help him or can you recommend another test that might determine whether or not there is something causing his feet to be numb?

Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013