Periods stopped, started bleeding after taking birth control pill, not menopausal. Should I be concerned?

I am trying to figure out what is going on with my body. I lost 25 pounds 3 years ago working out . I quit having periods. My gynecologist gave me pills to try to get me to start a period and it did not work. He thought it was because of my weight loss , exercise, and stress level in my life as my husband has cancer . He has had it for 3.5 years. I went on the pill 6 months ago and took it for 3 months and had small periods. I then quit the pill. No period since then. We recently found out my hubby s cancer has spread to bones. I have been pretty stressed out. The last thing I would expect is to bleed. But I started bleeding a little today. Nothing heavy but enough that it s like a small period. Should I be concerned? I am not menopausal according to blood work 6 moths ago. I am 42 years old.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012