Periods irregular. Advised vitex, folic acid to regularize hormones. Sexually active. Possible reason?

hi i came to switzerland from my native land on nov, after that my af is not regular so i consulted the near by doc she suggested me to take vitex and folic acid to regularize my hormones after that i got my af on feb 1 -5.. i expecting my af this month but i am 15days late, i am sexually active last month but i dont feel any preg symptoms ..5 days back i took preg test it came out negative..i am really confused about by what s the reason behind all this doc?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013