Periods due, light spotting, irregular since first child. Why am I spotting ?

Hi on tuesday my period was due and I got spotting instead it was soo light only lasted 4 days I have always had a regular period before I had my first child and then I got the injection I have had a few periods that have been irregular since but the last two were on time. the spotting happened when my period was due so that was on time but just not a period. why am I spotting?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
May 2013
Scanty flow or spotting during periods is called hypomenorrhea.
This can occur due to causes like:
-Hormonal imbalance as in poly cystic ovary disease, decreased body fat, dietary changes, stress and strain etc.
- Thyroid abnormalities
- Decreased hemoglobin levels etc.
If there is any possibility of pregnancy, rule out miscarriage once.
If the possibility of pregnancy is not there, you can just observe the flow.
Possibly by increasing the nutrition and maintaining ideal weight for height etc, your next cycles can become normal.
If the scanty flow repeats in future, better to consult gynecologist once and get evaluated.