Periods delayed. Genital contact, no penetration, semen dripped near vagina. Spotting with pink discharge. Pregnancy chances?

Hi need an urgent reply about this. . . My period was due two days ago but didn t show up. My period is kind of irregular though and shows up maybe a few days late sometimes. Thing is, two days ago I also got intimate with my partner. We had genital contact but no penetration, however a lot of semen dripped onto my thigh and near my vagina entry. I m afraid that while washing the area I may have pushed some in instead and am now considering taking an emergency contraceptive pill (which I just bought at a pharmacy) as I ve read online that sperm near the entry of the vagina can in fact make its way to the fallopian tubes and can even stay alive for up to a week. However, today I see pink discharge spotting and am expecting that my period is arriving. Is it possible for me to have my period if I got pregnant? Should I take the contraceptive pill or not? This would be my first time and I haven t had penetrative sex yet. Please help, thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013