Periods delayed. Experiencing pulling ache in upper inner thigh. Symptoms of menopause starting?

I am 46 and get my period every 23 days or so (usually lasts 7-9 days). I am pretty sure I have not ovulated since before my last period (no typical discharge or mittelschmerz as usual). So now it has been 48 days since my last period. I have been experiencing a pulling/ache/discomfort in my upper inner thigh which I feel most often when at rest. At what point do I see my gynecologist? My mother was finished periods by age 48. Am I on my way to starting menopause? No chills or sweats here.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013